|Location||Jeddah, Head Office|
|Reporting To||Operations Manager|
Emkan is a leading human capital consultancy and education development company headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. We provide exceptional and specialized consultancy services to public, private, and third sector entities across KSA and the Gulf Cooperation Country (GCC) region; and work on a range of projects across our diverse range of consultancy services. Please visit our website to learn more about our services, projects, and Clients at www.emkaneducation.com
Job Description & Summary
Legal officer is responsible for ensuring that the legal affairs of their organization are handled appropriately and in accordance with the local laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They commonly provide counsel on a wide range of issues, including contract negotiations, corporate governance, compliance with regulations, etc.
Legal officers may work directly with clients, or they may work with other employees who are handling related tasks to legal affairs.
Legal Officer’s Main Responsibilities
- Handle all contracts and other legal documents such as; financing agreements, MOU’s and cooperation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, retainer documents, clients and vendors contracts.
- Manage procurement process, legal aspect of client proposals and government projects’ bidding process, and uploads/manages them on the required platforms.
- Prepare legal documents and briefs, research legal issues, and draft legal documents such as contracts, and business agreements.
- Review and analyze laws, regulations, and cases related to specific industries such as insurance, banking, and labor law to advise the company on how to comply with legal requirements.
- Provide legal advice and support Emkan members and SME’s across departments regarding work requests as needed.
- Handles both internal and external legal concerns for Emkan Company.
- Review, process and keep records of all the related legal documentation, contracts and reports.
- Coordinate and follow up with all outside legal counsel engaged to represent Emkan with respect to any asserted claims or legal proceedings.
- Prepare standardized and customized reports on identified legal risks and recommendations as requested by Emkan management.
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related legal operations.
- Adhere to the department’s internal Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for the company’s accounts on all government services platforms (GOSI, Mudad, MOL, Muqeem ,Nafaz, etc).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking, writing, listening, presenting, proofreading).
- High degree of professionalism.
- Fast learner/ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Legal advisory, drafting and contracting.
- Familiar with the Saudi labor Law and commercial law and Regulations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Commercial Law, working in a law firm or similar role.
- Understanding of general and specific Company and Commercial Law.
- Knowledge of the Saudi Law and Regulations, labor law, etc (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
Apply for this job online